Wednesday, January 12, 2011

One Year

One year ago today, I was battling a fever and watching the girls play when the earth moved and more than 300,000 people died. Most have probably read my posts from then and viewed my pictures. But, I couldn't let today pass without  few thoughts.

I wanted to write a long, articulate and thoughtful response. But that didn't happen. Instead, you get a few random scattered thoughts.

The earthquake taught me many things. Everything in this world will be destroyed. Houses. Cars. TVs. Everything. It will all be destroyed  Even the earth beneath our feet cannot be trusted. What does that mean to me? Or to you? How does it affect my choices? How does it affect yours?

Please remember the people of Haiti and say a prayer for them. Real people, just like you and me, have endured one of the most devastating disasters in recent memory. And putting aside stories focusing on evil people, the vast majority have endured with a grace and dignity that does credit to the human race. Despite our falleness and despite people who insist we are only material, it is things like this that show us the truth. We were meant for a better world. The corrupted world is not our home, we need to be redeemed.

No comments: