Saturday, April 25, 2009

Container Daze

Thursday I sold my truck. It was a major answer to prayer. All that I now own is a computer, some clothes and about 1,200 books.


Friday I packed several boxes of my things for the container. I'm still wondering how I'm going to get a selection of books down to Haiti. About 60 pounds of books actually. I guess the real question is will I be able to read that many?

Today I helped load a container that is bound for Haiti. What did we put on the container? Let's see...

Peanut butter. Clothes. Toys. Pipe. Lumber. Bunk beds. Tile. Speakers. More clothes. More toys. Desks. Tables. More beds. Canned goods. Books. A swing set. Office supplies. Wire. Nails. Tubs. Plywood. More Plywood. My screenwriting library. A little green wagon. And the kitchen sink.

I would have more pictures, but I spent most of the day inside the container packing boxes and other items. We had fun. And nobody got hurt! Well, one guy got his head stuck between about 300 pounds of plywood. But it's all fine now.



I can almost hear that music from 2001: A Space Odyssey...

Who would've guessed?

Oh, I got a camera. Hence the pictures.

No comments: