Monday, April 13, 2009

Journal Entry 4-7-09

I haven’t posted a random, rambling journal entry in awhile so I picked this one from last week. I was trying to get my head on straight and just pouring out my heart to the Lord. Everything seems to be spinning faster and faster as I near moving to Haiti. Things get done. Plans are made. But sometimes I get wrapped up in worry. Enjoy:

"O Lord, my soul is restless and weary. I am lost and consumed by sin. So often I seek to trade your grace for a moment of pleasure. I’m a fool. I’m ashamed.

O Lord! I’m racked with shame and guilt. My mind is twisted with worry. My body is pieced with many pains. I’m a shadow of a man. An outline. A fragment. A piece of cloth cast upon the wind. I am blown away. I fly far from you. I trust my foolish fantasies forsaking your true plan.

Lord, come to this broken man. Come to me and be strong and loving. Break me even more, so that I may know your power. Break me, Lord, but then fill me. Fill me so you may shine through me. You, O Lord, are my courage. You, O Lord, are my wisdom. You, O Lord, are my life.

Don not let my worry and anxiety drive me from you. O Lord, forgive me!

Take me in your hands and hold me. Shelter me beneath your wings. Calm my anxious heart with singing. Soothe my tears with your great love. Remind me of the kindness of your heart.

Lord, forgive my sin. For your Name’s sake forgive my sin.

I will turn from sin. It will not rule over me. I will stand in your will. I will walk in your ways. I will rejoice in your presence. Let me realize your majesty. Let me see your glory.

Lord, I’m trusting in you. You, O Lord, deserve to be trusted."

No comments: