Friday, May 29, 2009

My First Week in Haiti

I’m here! I made it down to the orphanage without any problems. It feels like I’ve done three weeks worth of stuff just in a week. I would like to thank Eric, Jeff, Matthew, Brian, Philip and Amanda for coming down and helping me set up my room. I couldn’t have done it without their help.

I’m trying to get settled. Everything is still new and unfamiliar. It is an experience dealing with the intermittent power from the electric company. I’ve learned how to run the pump and the generator. I’m enjoying the people and the culture. I’ve picked some more Creole, but I still have a long way to go before I can speak it. Playing with the orphans is a great blessing. I’m just beginning to plan the English classes I’m going to teach and I’m thinking about doing some PE classes as well.

I will post some journal entries soon. But for now here are a few random pictures.





1 comment:

Sarah Jean said...

I'm glad you made it there safely and that everything is going well so far! You will be in my prayers, Matt. I look forward to your future posts!
Take care,
Sarah