Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Psalm 138

I read Psalm 138 yesterday and found it to be powerful. I like to ask myself questions as I read.

Do I praise the Lord with all my heart? Do I thank the Lord for his love and faithfulness? Has being saved made me bold? In the midst of trouble do I trust the Lord? Do I trust that the Lord will use me for his purpose?

Psalm 138 (NIV)
Of David.

1 I will praise you, O LORD, with all my heart;
before the "gods" I will sing your praise.
2 I will bow down toward your holy temple
and will praise your name
for your love and your faithfulness,
for you have exalted above all things
your name and your word.
3 When I called, you answered me;
you made me bold and stouthearted.
4 May all the kings of the earth praise you, O LORD,
when they hear the words of your mouth.
5 May they sing of the ways of the LORD,
for the glory of the LORD is great.
6 Though the LORD is on high, he looks upon the lowly,
but the proud he knows from afar.
7 Though I walk in the midst of trouble,
you preserve my life;
you stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes,
with your right hand you save me.
8 The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me;
your love, O LORD, endures forever—
do not abandon the works of your hands.

No comments: