Tuesday, March 17, 2009

PureWater PureLife

This Friday and Saturday I’ll be attending a PureWater PureLife training seminar. According to the website I’ll learn:

Water ministry as a process
How to do a Community Assessment
How to do simple water quality tests
Community health development & health education tools
Introduction to water purification
Cultural awareness
More community health education tools & practice
Water tanks & pumps
Assembly & operation of mini-water treatment plant

The seminar is put on by a group called Edge Outreach. Honestly, I don’t know much about the organization. But I know several people who have worked with them installing water purifiers in Haiti.

Haiti is in constant need of safe drinking water, so I thought the training might open up some other avenues of service while I’m there. I’ll post more after the seminar.

1 comment:

Laurel said...

This sounds fascinating, Matt. I'm interested in hearing your update after the seminar.
(Laurel, from BBC in Union, who's added you to her blogreader)