Monday, March 23, 2009

The Water Conference

I attended the PureWater PureLife training seminar over the weekend. I must say it was incredible. We learned of the pressing need for clean water around the world. We assembled water purifiers. We studied culture and hygiene.

One interesting fact: Two thirds of world cultures are based on survival and justice. And the remaining one third are based on comfort and convenience. Can you guess which group the U.S. falls into?

I met a man from Sierra Leone and a woman from Uganda who have dedicated themselves to winning their war-torn nations for Christ. I met missionaries and humanitarian organizations that work all over the world. I was able to spend time with Angelo and Brisenault who I will be working with in Haiti.

I hope the Lord will show me ways I can use what I learned to further His work in Haiti.

No comments: